Re: sqmail cookie for multidomain

Oguzhan Kayhan wrote:

>> On 2/4/08, Oguzhan Kayhan <oguzhank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hello, as i mentioned one of my previous emails, I need to handle
>>> cookies
>>> for all sessions, which is dependent on domain or user+domain
>>> knowledge..
>>>
>>> First of all i am not a programmer mostly a network admin., just can
>>> call
>>> myself a newbie about php.
>>>
>>> In general, we have several domains in our structure with different IMAP
>>> servers. But most of our users have multiple accounts in different
>>> domains.
>>> So if he logs on to a server and wants to check another account on
>>> another
>>> server, because of current cookie structure, he logs out from other
>>> session and connect the latest login session normally.
>>> I need suggestions to find my way around here.
>>> As i check the cookie information, cookie name set as smsessid. maybe it
>>> might be a  good idea to set cookie name as smsessdomain or user-domain
>>> etc..I am not sure about its possibility. Or another way maybe to handle
>>> cookie sessions.
>>> I need just clues to work on.
>>
>> Search the mailing list archives.  This is a known issue that there is
>> no solution for other than to ensure users LOG OUT before using
>> another account on the same server.  If you change the domain, that
>> might work.  If you host multiple domains for each mail server, you
>> could point a "webmail" URI for each domain to a single SquirrelMail
>> installation (using Login Manager/vlogin) and your cookie domain
>> should be different and thus, I think, not suffer this problem, but
>> who knows.
>>
>> 1.5.x will have cookie-less support at some point in the medium term.
>>
> I dont want to change the URL for domains actually, if i can solve this
> issue with cookies, (or maybe without cookies as u mentioned for 1.5.x
> versions) it will be better for me.
> I wonder  if i modify my previous solution for cookie handling works for
> multidomain also or not.
> We made the following modification in strings.php first.
>
>  function sqm_baseuri(){
>      /*   Commented for disabling
>      if (sqgetGlobalVar('base_uri',$base_uri,SQ_SESSION)){
>          return $base_uri;
>      }
>       */
> }
>
> then in global.php file
>
> we added the following line
> ini_set("session.save_path","/var/lib/php5/domain1");
>                                            /domain2 and so on..
>
> Again reminding u i am not a programmer, not know much about how cookies
> work etc...
> What if i add a variable instead of domain1 2 etc..
> like
> ini_set("session.save_path","/var/lib/php5/$domain");
>
> but as i understand sqmail loads global.php and creates session before
> login  screen appears.
> And so..it doesnt have a chance to get the $domain variable from
> multilogin plugin configuration. Am i wrong? Or does it create the session
> after i click on login...which can make things easier.

SquirrelMail 1.4.x can be modified to work without cookies. Most of code
will work without any changes and only plugins that use password
information, images or http/html redirects will need modifications. You
don't need 1.5.x to do that unless you want to push 1.5.x and keep 1.4.x
outdated for that. Cookieless interface does not need some wonders. You just
have to handle session transid differences between php versions and provide
wrapper functions to work with information that is currently stored cookies.
Standard SquirrelMail stores only three variables in cookies and only two of
them are essential.

If you check mailing list archives, you will find messages that talk about
detecting active webmail session and blocking user in order to prevent
session corruption. So there is a way to prevent session corruption and it
is simple enough.

--
Tomas