Re: sqmail cookie for multidomain

On 2/4/08, Oguzhan Kayhan <oguzhank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, as i mentioned one of my previous emails, I need to handle cookies
> for all sessions, which is dependent on domain or user+domain knowledge..
>
> First of all i am not a programmer mostly a network admin., just can call
> myself a newbie about php.
>
> In general, we have several domains in our structure with different IMAP
> servers. But most of our users have multiple accounts in different
> domains.
> So if he logs on to a server and wants to check another account on another
> server, because of current cookie structure, he logs out from other
> session and connect the latest login session normally.
> I need suggestions to find my way around here.
> As i check the cookie information, cookie name set as smsessid. maybe it
> might be a  good idea to set cookie name as smsessdomain or user-domain
> etc..I am not sure about its possibility. Or another way maybe to handle
> cookie sessions.
> I need just clues to work on.

Search the mailing list archives.  This is a known issue that there is
no solution for other than to ensure users LOG OUT before using
another account on the same server.  If you change the domain, that
might work.  If you host multiple domains for each mail server, you
could point a "webmail" URI for each domain to a single SquirrelMail
installation (using Login Manager/vlogin) and your cookie domain
should be different and thus, I think, not suffer this problem, but
who knows.

1.5.x will have cookie-less support at some point in the medium term.