Re: Sort problem

On 2/4/08, Kevin - Golden Bares <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have a small problem dealing with sorting. I have control over my web
> server, but I don't have any control over the imap server. I have no
> idea what software is on the imap server, but it replies with "* OK IMAP
> server ready H mius12 62787".

Then you should ask your IMAP server host.  You and they are the best
ones to work out these kinds of issues.

>  My problem is if I try sorting the messages, it gives me this error:
> ERROR: Bad or malformed request.
> Query: SORT (FROM) ISO-8859-1 ALL

Try changing the $allow_server_sort in your configuration file?  Ask
your IMAP host to get a better IMAP server?  Implement your own IMAP
server?  Ask your host for log messages?

> Server responded: unknown command.
> The error isn't so bad, but squirrelmail saves the sorting in my
> userprefs, and I have to edit my database to fix it. Is there anything I
> can do to turn off the sorting ability?

I believe it's hard coded - you'd have to go manually pick it out of
the source.  Have fun.  ;-)