Re: Ghost emails

> received.

> might that be?
> > >
> > > SquirrelMail is a mail client (MUA).  It does not have anything to
> > > do with delivering mail on your system.  You should investigate at
> > > the MTA level (postfix?  sendmail?  exim?...)
> >
> > We have done some investigating into the MTA, but the problem is, we
> > can't get the messages if we connect to the mail server with anything
> > other than Squirrelmail.  We don't see these messages in the user's
> > IMAP or POP3 box, but if we log into their webmail, the message
> appears.
>
> > SM is an IMAP client.  That's all.  Watch your mail log, that's the
> > best place to start.
>
> Does SM do any caching at all?  If so, where does it cache to?

NO.  This is NOT a SquirrelMail problem.  SquirrelMail merely reports
what the IMAP server tells it to.  You need to look elsewhere.

> Again, we have looked at the mail log, and we are not seeing these
> messages anywhere else.

Then you are not looking hard enough.  I assume the mails show up
after the user has logged out and back in again a day or more later.

> We have also tried another webmail client,
> Outlook IMAP, and Thunderbird.  None of these show the messages that we
> are seeing in SM.  I understand that SM is just a client.  This is why I
> am wondering if there is a cache.

The only way it could be remotely related to SM is if the messages are
marked for deletion in one of your mail clients but not expunged.
Check your expunge settings in all clients.