Ghost emails

I have a squirrelmail installation that appears to be delivering "ghost" emails from the past to most of my users.  I use the term ghost as we cannot find where they are coming from, and are wondering if there is a cache somewhere that we might be missing.

Here are the strange parts of this, and what leads me to believe that it is squirrelmail repeating these messages:

1) The messages come in with no 'sent' date header, only a received.
2) The received header is blank.
3) The messages come in at different times of the day, but always say they were delivered at the same hour and minute each day.
4) We CANNOT pull these emails using an IMAP or POP3 client to our mail server.
5) We CANNOT find a record of these emails in the IMAP or POP3 mail queues.
6) There is no record of these messages, other than in the SM mailboxes that we provide our users.

Is there a temp file or something that SquirrelMail may be holding that would cause these messages to be repeated each day?  I have many customers who are experiencing this, and since we can't find a record of these messages in their mail queues, it's hard to find where they may be.  If Squirrel is caching them somewhere, where might that be?  Can we clear a cache that SM is keeping?

Thank you for your time and help.

Joshua Sauer
Sensaria Natural Bodycare