Re: Need some PHP - PEAR help

> I installed Squirrelmail to work with a MySQL back-end, as all my mail users
> are virtual. I did have to install the PEAR:DB package and mod the php.ini
> as noted in section 5.6 of the admin guide. I ran config.pl and once I did
> that, it all worked. Life was good. I showed it to a bunch of people, I was
> so proud of me J
>
> So since I use the wonderful Postfixadmin tool to do my virtual users etc I
> went and added that plugin.

What is "that" plugin?  You have to be specific.

> I got the plugin, put it in the plugins dir
> under 'postfixadmin'

I know of no such plugin on the sm.org site

> etc. I then ran conf.pl again and enabled that plugin
> and the administrator plugin.

If you are having problems or are unsure of yourself, enable just one at a time.

> I then went back to my sqirrelmail site and
> looked for the plugins…couldn't see where anything had been added to the
> page.

The administrator plugin needs configuration.  Did you read its
INSTALL file?  When correctly configured and you are set as an
allowable administrator, it will add a new block on the Options screen
titled "Administration".

> So I closed and dumped the temp files from all my browsers to make
> sure I had no cached pages etc. I then went back and tried again and now I
> am getting the dreaded:
>
> "Could not include PEAR database functions required for the database
> backend.
>  Is PEAR installed, and is the include path set correctly to find DB.php?
>  Please contact your system administrator and report this error."

So you changed something else that you are leaving out here.  We have
no way to know what that is - only you can figure that out.  Also see:

http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings

Check that it shows the right include path and so forth.

> CentOS 5.0 fully patched no GUI

The following should ideally all show version information, although
they aren't relevant to the problem you seem to be having.

> Postfix
>
> Dovecot
>
> MySQL
>
> Postfixadmin
>
> MailScanner
>
> Clam-AV
>
> Spamassassin
>

> In /etc/php.ini:
>

> I do have an 'include_path' set to my DB.php file (/usr/share/pear/DB.php)

The include path should not point to the DB.php file itself.

> I do have an include_path set to my PEAR dir (/usr/share/pear)

You should only have ONE include_path.  If you need to have more than
one path therein, put them in the SAME setting, separated by colons.

> In the config my DSN is: mysql://<user>:<password>@localhost/<databasename>
>

>  A run of "pear list" gives:
>

> Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:

> Package           Version State
>
> Archive_Tar       1.3.1   stable
>
> Console_Getopt    1.2     stable
>
> DB                1.7.13  stable
>
> MDB2              2.4.1   stable
>
> MDB2_Driver_mysql 1.4.1   stable
>
> PEAR              1.4.9   stable
>
> XML_RPC           1.5.0   stable
>

> So DB is installed but I cannot say if it conflicts that the later MDB2 is
> also installed. I don't want to remove MDB2 as it was installed before I
> knew to look at it and I cannot say for certain that nothing else depends on
> it (like Postfixadmin etc).
>

> The rights on DB.ini are 644 (-rw-r—r--) and root is owner and group. Though
> I don't know how that could have been changed, I thought I'd throw it our
> there
>

>  Now here is a little weirdness that may be a clue: Using the configtest
> page it show the include_path as "/usr/share/pear/DB.ini" no matter what I
> change it to. Sure, it's the right path but still…if I change it in
> /etc/php.ini shouldn't it reflect that in the configtest page?

Restart apache.  Don't point the include_path to a file - only to a
directory/directories.