Need some PHP - PEAR help

Heya All,

 This is my first posting to the mailing list so please be gentle. I actually have read the docs…

I installed Squirrelmail to work with a MySQL back-end, as all my mail users are virtual. I did have to install the PEAR:DB package and mod the php.ini as noted in section 5.6 of the admin guide. I ran config.pl and once I did that, it all worked. Life was good. I showed it to a bunch of people, I was so proud of me J

So since I use the wonderful Postfixadmin tool to do my virtual users etc I went and added that plugin. I got the plugin, put it in the plugins dir under ‘postfixadmin’ etc. I then ran conf.pl again and enabled that plugin and the administrator plugin. I then went back to my sqirrelmail site and looked for the plugins…couldn’t see where anything had been added to the page. So I closed and dumped the temp files from all my browsers to make sure I had no cached pages etc. I then went back and tried again and now I am getting the dreaded:

“Could not include PEAR database functions required for the database backend.
Is PEAR installed, and is the include path set correctly to find
DB.php?
Please contact your system administrator and report this error.”

CentOS 5.0 fully patched no GUI

Postfix

Dovecot

MySQL

Postfixadmin

MailScanner

Clam-AV

Spamassassin

In /etc/php.ini:

I do have an ‘include_path’ set to my DB.php file (/usr/share/pear/DB.php)

I do have an include_path set to my PEAR dir (/usr/share/pear)

In the config my DSN is: mysql://<user>:<password>@localhost/<databasename>

 A run of “pear list” gives:

Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:

Package           Version State

Archive_Tar       1.3.1   stable

Console_Getopt    1.2     stable

DB                1.7.13  stable

MDB2              2.4.1   stable

MDB2_Driver_mysql 1.4.1   stable

PEAR              1.4.9   stable

XML_RPC           1.5.0   stable

So DB is installed but I cannot say if it conflicts that the later MDB2 is also installed. I don’t want to remove MDB2 as it was installed before I knew to look at it and I cannot say for certain that nothing else depends on it (like Postfixadmin etc).

The rights on DB.ini are 644 (-rw-r—r--) and root is owner and group. Though I don’t know how that could have been changed, I thought I’d throw it our there

 Now here is a little weirdness that may be a clue: Using the configtest page it show the include_path as “/usr/share/pear/DB.ini” no matter what I change it to. Sure, it’s the right path but still…if I change it in /etc/php.ini shouldn’t it reflect that in the configtest page?

So anyway if anyone can shed some light on this and give me a boot in the right direction. Everything I’ve read just says to verify the include_path but I’ve done that until my eyes bleed. I will be happy to provide any other info necessary.

Regards,

Brian catholic review org

Systems Administrator