Re: 1.4.14SVN - ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server. Query: SELECT "INBOX"

David C. Rankin wrote:
> Listmates,
>
> 	A fresh svn install on opensuse 10.3 with wu imap. I am receiving a
> very strange error when replying to messages. The error is:
>
> ERROR:
> ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
> Query: SELECT "INBOX"
>
> 	A screenshot is available at:
> http://www.rankinlawfirm.com/download/screenshots/sqmail/sqmailError_ConnDropperByImap.jpg
>
> 	The reply "IS" sent successfully and sqmail seems to be functioning
> normally otherwise.
>
> 	While the imap transaction is underway, the following error is
> generated in /var/log/messages. There are multiple identical errors:
>
> Jan  7 15:44:35 bonza imapd[19416]: PAM audit_log_acct_message() failed:
> Operation not permitted.
>
> 	Searching, I think it is related to the uw imap disabling of plain text
> passwords. However, the same behavior occurs with plaintext is enabled
> in /etc/c-client.cf with "set disable-plaintext 0". Editing c-client.cf
> with the above does allow login on port 143 and setting "Secure IMAP
> (TLS)" to false in conf.pl, but the same error shown in the screenshot
> occurs when replying to mail.
>
> 	Any help or direction to more documentation would be appreciated. If I
> can run any more tests to help or provide any more information, just let
> me know and I will be glad to comply.
>
> P.S. - As in my response to the folder issue, I will pull a copy of
> 1.5.2 and check that out. Thanks for all your good work.

Tomas,

	After installing 1.5.2-dev, I get the same behavior on reply. The error
remains:

 ERROR
ERROR: IMAP server closed the connection.
Query: SELECT "INBOX"
Server responded:* BYE Killed (lost mailbox lock)

	In /var/log/messages, the following error remains:

Jan  7 16:55:51 bonza imapd[20477]: PAM audit_log_acct_message() failed:
Operation not permitted

	Presently I have c-client.cf set at follows:

set rshpath /usr/bin/rsh
set sshpath /usr/bin/ssh
set disable-plaintext 0

with port 143 and enable TLS set to 0 in conf.pl

	Any Ideas???

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC