Re: Change SQL Password plugin problem

Dear Fredrik, thanks a lot for your support. But can you tell me exactly what the file is under /usr/share/squirrellmail in order to apply the patch to my Squirrelmail Debian package ???

Thanks again

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Fredrik Jervfors <jervfors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Para: squirrelmail-plugins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Enviado: viernes 28 de diciembre de 2007, 4:12:21
Asunto: Re: Change SQL Password plugin problem

"Alejandro Facultad":
> Dear all, I have Debian Etch + Postfix + Courier + MySQL + Squirrelmail
> as my mail server platform.
>
> I need to install the change SQL password plugin in order to let users
> change their password themselves. So I went to the plugin section to
> choose the appropriate one. The newest change_mysqlpass plugin is version
> 3.3-1.2 and it needs the compatibility plugin 2.0.4 and Pear DB Library.
> But compatibility 2.0.4 needs to install a patch to the squirrelmail
> source code, but I have the Squirrelmail 1.4.9 debian package so I don't
> have the source code. I can't choose this plugin version.

Yes, you can. The source code, i.e. the file you have to patch, is in
"/usr/share/squirrelmail/", but remember to check if you have to apply the
patch each time you use "apt-get" (or similar) to update the package to
make sure that the patch isn't removed by a newer Debian SquirrelMail
package.

> After that I installed the change_mysqlpass 3.2 (an older version) and
> compatibility plugin 1.2 (both from April 2003). After installing and
> configuring the plugins and config.php file with the corresponding MySQL
> DB values, I add these plugins to the Squirrelmail using the conf.pl
> menu, and after that I log into the webmail but I see this warning:
>
> **Warning*: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL
> result resource in
> */usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/change_mysqlpass/functions.php* on line
> *129**
>
> After thay I try to change the SQL password and I SUCCEED.
>
> What can be the cause from this warning message at the webmail account
> ???
>
> If it is a plugin version problem, how can I upgrade the plugins if   I
> use squirrelmail 1.4.9 debian package and so can't apply a patch to the
> source code ??? Because I wan't to maintain the debian package and not to
> install the last squirrelmail tarball version.

See my answer above.

Sincerely,
Fredrik

Yahoo! Encuentros
Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho más fácil, probá el nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros.
Visitá http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration