Re: "message not sent" when there is no FQDN

Hallo, Res,

Du (res) meintest am 20.12.07:

>> I find this mentioned behaviour on (at least) 3 installations of
>> squirrelmail: 1.4.9a, 1.4.13, 1.5.1 - seems to be a bug. Where can
>> this bug work?

> This works fine and as expected on several platforms, with Sendmail
> (w/Dovecot) and Qmail (w/Vpopmail/Dovecot).

I've found two workarounds instead of "johndoe":

a) johndoe@localhost
b) putting johndoe in the addressbook (and there with his full address).

And I believe to remember that this nasty behaviour is new on some (all)
machines I am looking for ...

Squirrelmail?
PHP?
Bind/dnsmasq?
sendmail?
Kernel?
whatelse?

All these packages have been updated in the last months.

Just for curiosity: I just tried this addressing with IlohaMail: if I
only write "johndoe" (which exists on localhost) into the "To:" field
IlohaMail tells me "The field is empty". It needs the domain part.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut