Re: is it possible for sm to pass the wrong username and password to cyrus?

On Dec 18, 2007 6:57 AM, Rafael Mahecha <mahecha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > [Snip]

> From: header had an email address that did not
> >>
> >> I mean every header (not just the FROM, etc.) in that email has a
> >> different username than the one that logged in...
> >> then when I tested myself, I user the user's username and password and
> >> it
> >> logged in as a complete different user (different from the username and
> >> password that i typed and different from the one that was noted when the
> >> user realized that something was wrong.
> >
> > The headers in the mails she send contains the information in her
> > preference file. Examine the preference file for her account at the server
> > and then correct it.

> >> The user was working on a laptop that was assigned to her... she
> >> said that noone else has used that laptop... even if internet explorer
> >> was
> >> having a bug (remembering cookies or something like that), somehow it
> >> transformed her username and password into someone else's...
> >
> > And she has never used any other computer to open her webmail? Based on
> > your description of the problem I doubt that. Even though no one but her
> > has used her computer, she must have used someone else's.
> >
> >> When I tested it, I closed her explorer and reopened it, typed her
> >> username and password and it let me login with those credentials, but it
> >> took me to a different user's prefs... even the signature that you
> >> append
> >> to the end of the messages was not hers... of course, it was that from
> >> the other/wrong user...
> >
> > It was the credentials specified in her accounts preference file, which
> > became corrupt when she used her account at someone else's computer.
>

> Good morning, and thanks for the reply... yes, it is defenitly possible that
> she used someone else's computer... so the solution (as other replys
> expressed) would be just to delete her pref file and let it be recreated at
> next login?

It was already explained more than once.  Yes, delete the prefs file
OR have the user go to the Personal Preferences (and/or Display
Preferences) page and fix the prefs from there.  The first solution
will work for certain because the prefs get wiped, whereas the second
solution assumes the user is competent enough to fix their own
preferences.