Re: is it possible for sm to pass the wrong username and password to cyrus?

Rafael Mahecha
E-mail Administrator
Office of Information Management
Jackson State University

JSU e-Center
1230 Raymond Road
Jackson, MS 39204

mahecha@xxxxxxxxx
(601)-979-1783
http://www.jsums.edu

On Thu, December 13, 2007 11:43 pm, Marc Powell wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2007, at 12:51 AM, Rafael Mahecha wrote:
>

>> Now the problem... we've been using sm for about a year, with good
>> results... this morning I was called to help a user how claimed that
>> the emails that she was sending were being delivered as a coming
>> from a different user; she was running ie 6 (I think), and she was
>> the only person using her computer (so that rules out some one else
>> using it and letting ie save their username and passwords to login
>> to sm).
>>

>> Under what conditions will squirrelmail take a username and
>> password, and pass them to a cyrus server as complete different
>> username and password sets... and they are correct sine the cyrus
>> server took them....
>>

> We have seen this issue with IE users who's computer time is set very
> far in the past (years). I seem to remember that it may have something
> to do with several users with invalid time settings sharing a common
> expired PHP session file. I haven't seen it for some time so I can't
> tell you if/when it was fixed if this is your issue.

good morning and thanks for the reply.... do you mean like a cookie issue? it makes sense, but this user said that she is the only one accessing the computer... even when i tried it myself, I closed her browser, reopened it typed her username and password and then it took me to another user's prefs file... different from the one I typed and different from the one that the user noted the first time she realized something was wrong.