Re: Some minor problem on squirrelmail page

satimis wrote:

> --- Tomas Kuliavas <tokul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> satimis wrote:
>> >
>> > - Inbox
>> > There is a number next to it (x) showing unread emails.  After
>> > reading/deleting the email the number remains there untill
>> reloading
>> > the browser.  Is it normal or haven't configured squirrelmail
>> properly?
>> >

>> > - Trash
>> > the word (purge) next to it sometimes disppears.  Another time
>> popup
>> > disregarding having emails there waiting to dump.
>> >

>> SquirrelMail interface has two frames or web pages. They are not
>> synced
>> automatically by default. If you change something in right frame,
>> left frame
>> does not know that and displays outdated information. Most of
>> information in
>> left frame is updated when page is reloaded. "purge" link is
>> displayed next
>> to Trash folder when left frame page thinks that folder has some
>> messages.
>> It is not displayed, when you don't have messages in Trash.
>>
>> You can keep frames synced with folder_synch plugin. See
>> http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=64. Please note that
>> plugin
>> options are not enabled by default and end users must turn on them in
>> Display preferences after admin enables plugin.
>

> Thanks for your advice.
>

> Performed following steps;
>
> Download the file "Folder Synch 0.8" on the website.
>

> $ ls -l | grep countdl
> -rw-r--r--   1 satimis satimis      2890 2007-12-07 14:12 countdl.php
>
> (Remark:  I think the tarball was decompressed automatically)
>

> $ sudo find / -name plugins -type d | grep squirrelmail
> /usr/local/squirrelmail/www/plugins
>

> $ sudo mv countdl.php /usr/local/squirrelmail/www/plugins/
>

> $ ls -l /usr/local/squirrelmail/www/plugins/ | grep countdl
> -rw-r--r-- 1 satimis satimis 2890 2007-12-07 14:12 countdl.php
>

> Started Squirrelmail
>

> 1)
> Read new emails on INBOX.  The number remained next to INBOX on the
> left frame after reading all emails.  It won't change after reading
> each email.
>
> 2)
> Deleted all emails on INBOX.  The number still NOT gone
>
> 3)
> About (Purge) next to Trash on the left frame, I have to press Purge to
> delete all emails on Trash.  Then it gone.  If deleting emails on Trash
> (right frame) (Purge) won't go.
>

> About 1) above whether I have to activate "countdl.php" runnting "chmod
> +x"?  Or I have to run the script on the directory,
> /usr/local/squirrelmail/www/plugins/.  If YES how to run this php
> script?

countdl.php is only redirector. Normal browsers should see redirection and
download plugin with correct file name.

---
cd /usr/local/squirrelmail/www/plugins/
wget http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugins/folder_synch.0.8-1.4.0.tar.gz
tar -xzvf folder_synch.0.8-1.4.0.tar.gz
cd ../config
./conf.pl --install-plugin folder_synch
---

I suspect that you are misusing find command. If you are looking for a
program, complex 'find' call can be replaced with 'which' or 'whereis'
commands. In other cases you just have to learn about filesystem hierarchy
standards (see http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html) and
SquirrelMail script layout (see
http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-2.html#ss2.1).

--