Re: Some minor problem on squirrelmail page

--- Tomas Kuliavas <tokul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> satimis wrote:
> >
> > - Inbox
> > There is a number next to it (x) showing unread emails.  After
> > reading/deleting the email the number remains there untill
> reloading
> > the browser.  Is it normal or haven't configured squirrelmail
> properly?
> >

> > - Trash
> > the word (purge) next to it sometimes disppears.  Another time
> popup
> > disregarding having emails there waiting to dump.
> >

> SquirrelMail interface has two frames or web pages. They are not
> synced
> automatically by default. If you change something in right frame,
> left frame
> does not know that and displays outdated information. Most of
> information in
> left frame is updated when page is reloaded. "purge" link is
> displayed next
> to Trash folder when left frame page thinks that folder has some
> messages.
> It is not displayed, when you don't have messages in Trash.
>
> You can keep frames synced with folder_synch plugin. See
> http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=64. Please note that
> plugin
> options are not enabled by default and end users must turn on them in
> Display preferences after admin enables plugin.

Thanks for your advice.

Performed following steps;

Download the file "Folder Synch 0.8" on the website.

$ ls -l | grep countdl
-rw-r--r--   1 satimis satimis      2890 2007-12-07 14:12 countdl.php

(Remark:  I think the tarball was decompressed automatically)

$ sudo find / -name plugins -type d | grep squirrelmail
/usr/local/squirrelmail/www/plugins

$ sudo mv countdl.php /usr/local/squirrelmail/www/plugins/

$ ls -l /usr/local/squirrelmail/www/plugins/ | grep countdl
-rw-r--r-- 1 satimis satimis 2890 2007-12-07 14:12 countdl.php

Started Squirrelmail

1)
Read new emails on INBOX.  The number remained next to INBOX on the
left frame after reading all emails.  It won't change after reading
each email.

2)
Deleted all emails on INBOX.  The number still NOT gone

3)
About (Purge) next to Trash on the left frame, I have to press Purge to
delete all emails on Trash.  Then it gone.  If deleting emails on Trash
(right frame) (Purge) won't go.

About 1) above whether I have to activate "countdl.php" runnting "chmod
+x"?  Or I have to run the script on the directory,
/usr/local/squirrelmail/www/plugins/.  If YES how to run this php
script?

TIA

B.R.
Stephen L