Re: SM 1.4.11 (php 5) memory, and edit attach problems

> Hi,
>
> I've upgraded from SM 1.4.5 (with php 4.3.10) to 1.4.11 (with php 5.2.5)
> and I've noted two strange things:
>
> first, now when SM manipulates (resend, forward, view) messages with
> long content (text or attach, I'm talking about just a little more than
> 100KiB), it quickly exhausted PHP memory available for scripts
> (memory_limit in php.ini), no matter how much I assign (8M, 16M ...), so
> it's impossible to fw,resend or edit them. I think my previous
> installation hadn't this behaviour. It's quite annoying, as I think SM
> shouldn't require so much memory... and haven't found which top value
> could be fine...

Make sure that server side sorting is enabled in SquirrelMail configuration.

Install APC, Zend Optimizer or some other PHP cache. Cache can reduce
memory footprint of PHP scripts.

Some SquirrelMail plugins are not optimized and increase memory usage when
messages are viewed.

You can profile your setup and see memory usage with PHP
memory_get_usage() and memory_get_peak_usage() functions. It can be done
with plugin.

--
Tomas