Re: problem with mailto-links

On Nov 27, 2007 1:24 AM, Pascal Maes <pascal.maes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 27-nov.-07 à 02:59, Paul Lesniewski a écrit :
>

> > On Nov 9, 2007 12:14 AM, Pascal Maes <pascal.maes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:

> >> I have the same problem with version 1.4.11
> >
> > Thanks for the report.  The mailto: functionality was in fact broken
> > again.  I just fixed it in 1.4.12 and 1.5.2.  You might wait a day and
> > then get a snapshot download of 1.4.12 and it should work again.  The
> > instructions on how to make mailto: links work are also updated and
> > hopefully more helpful.  See the contrib directory in the SquirrelMail
> > package or this:
> >
> > http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/WindowsMailto
> >
> > If you continue to experience problems, please let us know.
>

> I have downloaded the version 1.4.12 [SVN] (Checked out revision
> 12786.) but the problem remains.
> See the picture in attachment.
>
> I'm afraid that the problem is not realy related to <http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/WindowsMailto
>  >.
> It's interesting to know that we can jump directly to SquirrelMail by
> clicking on a mailto link on a web page, but the problem here is that
> the mailto link is broken in SquirreMail and because of that if we
> click onto the link, we don't get what we want.
> In the case of the picture, clicking on the first mailto link, open a
> compose page whith the recipient but not the subject.

Looks to me like you are viewing a message in plain text.  In such a
format, you will never get more than the email address being
highlighted.  If you want a mailto: link to be clickable, you need to
have a mail sent in HTML format, and make sure you are viewing it in
HTML format yourself.  However, currently, that seems to be broken
too.