Re: Unable to send to local users

FreeBSD,
> with Postfix & Courier IMAP handling the back-end stuff.   Some while
ago
> it
> became apparent that I could no longer use Webmail to send mail to
local
> users; remote users work fine.  There is no problem mailing local
users
> using the command-line mail, nor from a remote PC using POP/SMTP.
>
> Unfortunately I do not know what changes I made to cause this to stop
> working as it took a while for me to notice.
>
> Sending mail to e.g. local user user1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx from SQMail
> user2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx results in a bounce to
> Postmaster@main-server-domain, containing the error
> "
> 554 5.0.0 MX list for virtual-domain.com. points back to
> main-server-domain.com
> 554 5.3.5 Local configuration error

Postfix does not believe that it is the final destination for mail for
@virtual-domain.com. You've somehow botched your postfix configuration.
Since there are many many ways that postfix can become aware of what
domains it's responsible for, depending on how you've configured it,
you're a bit on your own. You might want to look at postfix main.cf,
probably mydestination or virtual_mailbox_domains (or however you have
it configured), to see what's off.

--
Marc