>>> Version of check_quota plugin? PHP register_globals setting?
>> check_quota version 1.4
>> register_globals = off
>
> OK. We can exclude check_quota.

>>> Wrong log entry. What you have in logs before this redirection is made
>>> in
>>> SquirrelMail. This page only displays notice that message is send.
>> In another post, I attached the results of a grep for a specific IP.
>>
>>> If you know ip of spammer, check all log entries from that ip address.
>>> You
>>> must trace whole path. How do they log in? Is there a legit login for
>>> same
>>> account at that time? Which pages are opened?
>> They appear to emulate a browser, from what I can tell. They are using a
>> valid username and password apparently culled from an infected PC
>> somewhere.
>
> Which pages? Are they using GET or POST requests? Show whole request
> sequence used to send emails. Attacker can change IP address, but
> abuse/attack/exploit methods should be the same.
>
> 1. GET or POST request of redirect.php
> 2. Do you have more than one src/compose.php request before compose.php
> request with mail_sent=yes?

I already sent a message to the list with a log attached, on 10/9 around
11:23am CST. To avoid reposting the same information, could you look at
that message, or reply to me off list and I can send you the file.

To summarize:

GET webmail.php
GET sm_logo.php
GET login.php
POST redirect.php
GET webmail.php
GET %2Fwebmail%2Fsrc%2Fwebmail.php (I thought this one was odd)
GET left_main.php
GET right_main.php
GET options.php
GET options.php?optpage=personal
GET options_identities.php
POST options_identities.php
GET options.php
POST options.php
GET compose.php?mailbox=None&startMessage=0
<repeats>
POST compose.php
"http://webmail.terraworld.net/webmail/src/compose.php?mailbox=None&startMessage=0";
<repeats>