Re: Spam Sent from WebMail

Ken A wrote:
Nick Bright wrote:
Tomas Kuliavas wrote:

Have you tried to protect your webmail traffic? Signed SSL certificate
costs less than 20 USD.
I'd expect they support SSL on their end, this probably wouldn't make any difference.

The difference is that fewer passwords could easily be stolen if you used & forced SSL. This is certainly relevant.
Ken

How so? that would only prevent man in the middle attacks, when the problem is almost certainly in a keylogger or trojan on the end users' PC - where the keyboard input isn't encrypted by the SSL certificate.

Though yes, I do want to use/force an SSL certificate, I do not agree that it would help with the issue at hand.

 - Nick Bright

begin:vcard
fn:Nick Bright
n:Bright;Nick
org:Terra World Communications, LLC
adr:Suite #11;;200 ARCO Place;Independence;KS;67301;USA
email;internet:nick.bright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Network Administrator
tel;work:888-332-1616
tel;fax:620-332-1201