Re: cannot send mail - Server replied: 0 Can't open SMTP stream

Thanks for the insight. I *will* take good (and experienced) advice. Yes, now that you've pointed out I will also enable relaying for local address as postfix/dovecot and apache do run on the same PC. I guess it'll save me some un-necessary CPU cycles.

Thanks once again.

Tomas Kuliavas <tokul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ashley Moore wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> I upgraded to squirrelmail 1.5.1 and enabled smtps service port in
> master.cf. That solved the problem.

If you upgrade to SquirrelMail 1.5.1 on Ubuntu 7.0.4, you will have new
issues.

You don't have to upgrade to 1.5.1 and enable smtps. Upgrade to 1.5.1 AND
fix all outdated 1.5.1 version issues OR use smtps with SquirrelMail 1.4.x.

If you have smtp server and web server on same host, you can enable relaying
for local address. There is no point in using SSL/TLS on localhost.

--
Tomas

A  Moore

CCNP.,ECNE.
CITP

All content in this message is copyright of its respective authors. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error please delete it and any/all attachments immediately.