Re: Fore users to change password when they login

On 9/26/07, Sandeep Agarwal <sandeepagarwal.1980@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 9/25/07, Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 9/25/07, Sandeep Agarwal <sandeepagarwal.1980@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > hello list,
> > >
> > > how can i force users to change their password if the password has not
> > > been changed for a fixed number of days. say 6 months.
> > >
> > > i can see change_sqlpass has the options to force change password. but
> > > i cant find a solution to enable that for my setup. I am having qmr
> > > with vpopmail, having different tables for each doamin.
> > >
> > > my setup details are :
> > > vpopmail - 5.4.13 - an old version but having good support for pgsql
> > > qmail with jms patch 6ce
> > > dovecot - 1.0.2
> > >
> > > need to make some changes in change_sqlpass to support multiple tables
> > > (disable-many-domains) in vpopmail db.
> >
> > I don't know what changes you are talking about (what is
> > "disable-many-domains"?), but all you have to do to make
> > change_sqlpass check some other table to get the needed information is
> > change the $force_change_password_check_query value in the
> > configuration file.  It's up to YOU to figure out what the query
> > should be for your system.
> >

> if vpopmail is complied with disable-many-domains its behavior changes
> and it creates different table for every virtual domain with the
> following structure.
>   --disable-many-domains     Creates a table for each virtual domain
> instead of storing all users in a single table. Only valid for MySQL
> and PostgreSQL
>
> thanks for the suggestion, i did made a table to store the status of
> password and force change password is working fine for the backend.
> i.e. password and password status are getting updated. but when a user
> is forced to change the password, after changing the password the
> force password change screen reappears (one with red header saying
> "change password and no cancel button) without any update/success
> message.
>
> is this the default behavior ?
>
> Sandeep

table structure, missed to specify that in previous mail
     Column      |          Type          | Modifiers
 pw_name         | character varying(32)  | not null
 pw_passwd       | character varying(40)  |
 pw_uid          | integer                |
 pw_gid          | integer                |
 pw_gecos        | character varying(48)  |
 pw_dir          | character varying(160) |
 pw_shell        | character varying(20)  |

where pw_name stores the username only