folder problem

Hi folks

A while ago I moved all my email from one server to a new installation on another
server. Since the move I have not been able to get my folders (directories) display
properly. Some of the folders display with the mailboxes below them, but others only the
mailboxes are being displayed. These mailboxes are indented, so it is obvious that they
are in a folder, but the folder itself in not being displayed. I am also not able to
subscribe to the folder. When I try I get the following message:

ERROR: Could not complete request.
Query: SUBSCRIBE "individuals"
Reason Given: Can't subscribe individuals: not a mailbox

The list of folders and mailboxes look something like this:

companies
  company-a
  company-b
  company-c
  family-a
  family-b
  family-c
friends
  friend-a
  friend-b
  friend-c

The family mailboxes should be in a folder called family, but the folder is not
displayed. The mailboxes are indented though, indicating that they are actually in a
folder. If you hover the mouse over any of the family mailboxes, you can see from the
url that they are in a folder.

I have had a look at the rights on the directories and folders but there doesn't seem to
be any difference between the folders that would display and those that won't.

The server is running Fedora core 6
Squirrelmail version: 1.4.9a
IMAP settings: imap port 993
 secure imap (tls): true
 server software: uw
 delimiter: I have tried both / and detect

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Jannetta

--