Re: Squirrelmail attaching previously sent emails to new emails (and session_register(), require_once(), fread(), and fclose() errors)

Answers to the questions below...

Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
> Make sure that your custom session handler works correctly. Users must get
> unique session names and older session data must be removed.

This appears to be functioning correctly.

> Clean your attachment directory. See /usr/ports/sysutils/tmpreaper/

This was already being done, but attachments were being deleted only if
they were 2+ days old. We have changed this to run every hour and remove
all files older than an hour. Even if this doesn't fix the root problem,
this may remove the effects.

> SquirrelMail can trigger false positives in mod_security and break on some
> suhosin extension restrictions. Disable them or run them in
> simulation/pass mode.

We're not running Suhosin, and the issue does not correlate with any
mod_security alerts on the highest debug level.

> Make sure that you are running standard unmodified SquirrelMail scripts or
> compare your SquirrelMail copy with standard package.

This is something I've not yet been able to do.

> If you are running PHP in safe mode, make sure that all scripts (excluding
> data and temp files) are owned by same user.

All scripts are owned by the same user.

> If you run cluster of web servers, make sure that remote user session
> always connects to same host or share attachment directory between cluster
> hosts.

The attachment directory is on an NFS mount, so all servers in the farm
are accessing the same files.

I will update the group for posterity's sake once I've confirmed whether
the more aggressive attachment cleaning has resolved the problem.
-Shawn H