Re: Spam Sent From WebMail

El Viernes, 7 de Septiembre de 2007 21:57, Paul Lesniewski escribió:
> On 9/7/07, Christian Schmitz <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > First:
> > This can happen for 2 reasons:
>
> Many more than that.
>
> > -keylogger into customer house.
> > -Vulnerabilitys into squirrelmail.
>
> - Non-SSL-encrypted logins sniffed
> - Vuln that sniffs login info stored in browser
> - User mistakes like not clicking "sign out"
> - Probably more
OK, but i try make difference server side, client side. Is not important the
final method used to get password in client side. The important is that this
not affect to the server.

> > You must work to determine what is happen.
> > If the customer have a keylogger, then the spammer have the data
> > (password, username). And you will have the same problem with all
> > webmails progs. Until use a "chalenge graphic"(if i wrote bad at bottom
> > write a explanation about this).
>
> See the SM CAPTCHA plugin

PERFECT, i strongly recomend add to stop problem.

> > If is an exploit to squirrelmail maybe a simple renaming mailto.php
> > mailtonew.php (and edit al references to mailto.php) can solve temporary
> > this issue.
>
> Read the thread - the OP's version of SM doesn't have mailto.php.
I read it, but my mail server delay the out of this mail 4 or 5 hours

> > To determine what is happening look into the apache logs and see the IP
> > of the connection. and the sequence of connection. Check ISP etc.
> >
> > I will suggest a little turnaround work. Is not the full solution but
> > help.
> >
> > 1.Postfix can refuse send mail if logged in user mismatch. Including
> > domain. Others servers must be have a similar feature.
> >
> > 2.Use the plugin that draw the password in screen, and i dont know if is
> > possible disable password field. (if is possible)
>
> Maybe you mean the Virtual Keyboard plugin
I have installed, but both possibilities work (write and click into vkeyb)

> > 3. Exist a CHALENGE GRAPHIC? plugin?I don know how say in english. But
> > some sites have a graphic with some letters drawed, and the user must
> > copy. This kick the bots.
>
> yes - see above

En un mundo sin fronteras.... ¿Quién necesita Puertas y Ventanas?
EN INGLES: In a world without frontiers, who needs Gates and Windows
http://www.schdev.com.ar
http://gnc2.schdev.com.ar