Re: Spam Sent From WebMail

Paul,
I saw this response to someone else (from you or another person).  I'm
not sure why it seems to hard to believe the spammers are using
webmail.  In this case they definitely are NOT forging headers.

1 - The headers are accounts that are valid on our system.
2 - When the accounts are terminated, the spam stops
3 - The accounts 'SENT' box is filled with the sent spam
4 - The accounts 'FROM' address has been changed to the spammer's address
5 - The accounts show valid headers and valid mail server IDs from our system
6 - Our mailserver load has gone up in relation to these reports
7 - The spams actually originate from our outgoing mail server used by webmail.