Re: Multiple identities: SM matching is case-sensitive

On Fri, August 31, 2007 3:31 pm, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> On 8/31/07, Alan in Toronto <Alantoronto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello Paul:
>>
>> Thanks for the response.

>> identity,
>> >
>> > Are you sure it's the TO header?  SM only seems to look at the FROM
>> > header.  I'm not sure why it does.  Please confirm.
>>
>> Sorry, I don't understand. When I reply to a message, doesn't SM compare the TO
>> address in the message sent to me to see if it matches an address in my
>> identities?
>
> No, although I would expect that it does so, it appears to look only
> at the FROM header.

The FROM header in which message? In the reply that I am composing?

>> That's what *appears* to be occurring, although I don't know the actual method
>> used
>
> You sure?  Is the FROM header substantially different from your
> identities when you see it working correctly?

Sorry Paul, I'm confused. I'm not sure what you need me to check.

What I was describing was the result, not the workings of SM. Was my explanation
confusing, or are you unable to see what I'm seeing? However SM matches to an
identity, the matching is case sensitive and one would expect that it should not be
case sensitive.