Re: call to undefined function getPref

On 07 Aug 2007 19:18:00 +0200, Helmut Hullen <Hullen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hallo, squirrelmail-users,
>
> I have installed on some servers squirrelmail, versions 1.4.9 and 1.5.1.

If you use 1.5.x, please use 1.5.2

> One of these servers may not show me the start side of a user;
> lynx localhost/squirrelmail
> allows me logging in and then shows the two frames. On the other servers
> I can go into the frames and do what I want, on this server execution
> stops with the error
> PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function getPref() in /path/to/
> squirrelmail/include/load_prefs.php on line 25

Sounds like you are trying to define a non-existent prefs backend?
AFAIK, getPref() will always be available unless you modified the code
in some way or defined a broken/non-existent custom prefs backend.

> (I know: browsing with lynx is not the usual way, but for debugging it's
> enough)
>
> This server runs Linux kernel 2.6.21.5 and Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_ssl/
> 2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.8b PHP/5.2.3, the other servers run older PHP
> versions.
> I have just updated one of the other servers to Apache 1.3.37 and PHP
> 5.2.3 - has no influence. This other server works as expected.
>
> Can I do more debugging?

In functions/prefs.php you can go to line 39 and insert this:

echo "PREFS BACKEND IS $prefs_backend<HR />"; exit;

If that doesn't show anything, then you need to track down why the
require statements immediately below that are not working - those
files are where getPref() is defined.