Re: SquirrelMail

> I am facing a problem with the change_passwd plugin in squirrel mail

Then why is the subject of your email "SquirrelMail"?

> MY Operating system is fedora core 5
> I am using a sendmail and Dovecot for IMAP.
> My squirrelmail version is squirrelmail-1.4.6.

You should upgrade before expecting much in the way of support for
what is a pretty old version of SM.

> My mail users login credentials are stored in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow..
>
> I tried using the change_passwd plugin from squirrelmail.org site... but its
> not working...
>
> WIth one plugin i got and error...."Some error happened. Pls contact system
> administrator"

EXACTLY WHICH plugin?  Please give the EXACT error message.

> with another plugin i got a message... " The new password is not correct"
> (but here i supplied the new passowrd with 8 charecter length with numbers
> and charecter)

EXACTLY WHICH plugin?  Please give the EXACT error message.

> i couldnt find any compatible plugins suiting with squirrelmailmail-1.4.6

If possible, always use change_pass.  Your 2nd choice is
change_passwd.  When you post again, explain WHICH one you are using
and what the EXACT error is you cannot fix, but ONLY after you have
searched the mailing list archives (gmane.org) for the same error.