Re: Parent folders not showing up

>>> Just created for testing purposes a folder with a subfolder. The do
>>> show
>>> up here without any problems (both SM and Thunderbird).
>>> SM 1.4.9a and dovecot-1.0.rc23.
>>
>> Switch dovecot setup from maildir to mbox or test other setup with mbox
>> mailboxes. Maildirs can store messages and subfolders. Run test 8 in
>> maildir
>> setup and you won't see \noselect and \noinferiors flags next to mailbox
>> name.
>
> Hmm.  I'm using mbox now (IOW, a folder is a file with mail messages in
> it, or a directory containing such files).  Did you mean I should switch
> dovecot from mbox to maildir?  I've actually been meaning to do that for a
> while anyway.

If Rainer switches his setup to mbox, he will be able to reproduce your
issue.

If you switch your setup to maildir, you will be able to subscribe parent
folders. If parent folders are subscribed, folder tree should be generated
correctly with one exception. INBOX subfolders (INBOX.Drafts, INBOX.Sent,
INBOX.Trash) will be placed in wrong location. Other folder tree
generation issue.