Re: Parent folders not showing up

> > Are you saying most IMAP users don't have folders with subfolders?  What
> > am I missing here?  What is so rare about what I'm doing?

Some IMAP servers allow storing messages and subfolders in same mailbox. Others
don't allow it. LIST command output shows that your setup can't store messages
and subfolders in same mailbox.

> > I looked at the bug report.  I'm using Dovecot, not uw-imap if that
> > makes a difference.  I think I said that in the first post.  If I
> > didn't, I apologize.

In your case there is no difference. I suspect that you use mbox mailbox format.
Same mailbox format as in uw. Same restrictions. Bug report is about UW 2006,
but any other server which uses UW as reference can be affected.

> Just created for testing purposes a folder with a subfolder. The do show
> up here without any problems (both SM and Thunderbird).
> SM 1.4.9a and dovecot-1.0.rc23.

Switch dovecot setup from maildir to mbox or test other setup with mbox
mailboxes. Maildirs can store messages and subfolders. Run test 8 in maildir
setup and you won't see \noselect and \noinferiors flags next to mailbox name.