Re: Parent folders not showing up

>> Could you run one more test.
>>
>> LSUB "" "%"
>>
>> Does it list JESSICA, PURCHASES, PERSONAL, QUEUE and SPEAKEASY and other
>> \noselect parent folders?
>
> Again, reduced output:
> TEST_9
> Request:
> A003 LSUB "" "%"
> Response:
> * LSUB () "/" "Trash"
> * LSUB () "/" "INBOX"
> * LSUB () "/" "_Agile"
> * LSUB () "/" "_Bitpim"
> * LSUB () "/" "_Blu"
> * LSUB () "/" "Etc"
> * LSUB () "/" "Events"
> * LSUB () "/" "Forsale"
> * LSUB () "/" "INBOX.Drafts"
> * LSUB () "/" "INBOX.Sent"
> * LSUB () "/" "INBOX.Trash"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "QUEUE"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "QUEUE"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "QUEUE"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "QUEUE"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "QUEUE"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "QUEUE"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "QUEUE"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "QUEUE"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "QUEUE"
> * LSUB () "/" "Redrat"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "SPEAKEASY"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "SPEAKEASY"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "SPEAKEASY"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "SPEAKEASY"
> * LSUB () "/" "Drafts"
> * LSUB () "/" "MailingLists"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "PURCHASES"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "PURCHASES"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "PURCHASES"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "PURCHASES"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "PURCHASES"
> * LSUB () "/" "Brotherhood"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "PERSONAL"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "PERSONAL"
> * LSUB (\Noselect) "/" "PERSONAL"
> * LSUB () "/" "_MythFedora"
> * LSUB () "/" "Humor"
> * LSUB () "/" "_MythtvDelete"
> * LSUB () "/" "_Spamassassin"
> Lsub completed.
>

>> SquirrelMail 1.5.1+ has updated folder tree generation code and it
>> should
>> display those folders correctly. I suspect that 1.5.1+ code is not
>> portable to 1.4.x branch. Issue is similar to SquirrelMail bug report
>> #1590788 'noselect fix does not work on uw'.
>
> I know enough about IMAP to know that I need it (lots of computers I
> want to get my email from), but I don't know enough of the gorey
> details.  Thanks.  Hopefully Fedora 7 (which I'm installing when it
> comes out) will have the newer version.

It is SquirrelMail bug #1590788. Parent \Noselect folders are not
subscribed or IMAP server does not allow subscription of noselect folders.

Fedora has faster packaging cycle and I suspect that Core7 won't include
SquirrelMail 1.5.x/1.6.x. If they do, they will have to fix issues in
unstable or outdated development version.

Issue can be resolved, if SquirrelMail developers fix or rewrite
SquirrelMail 1.4.x mailbox listing code in sqimap_mailbox_list() and
sqimap_mailbox_list_all() functions. $noselect_fix_enable hack is not
standard and does not work as expected. sqimap_mailbox_list_all() function
is outdated. There are no complains about this function only because it is
rarely used.

--
Tomas