Re: QmailToaster vacation message causes duplicate email

On 5/15/07, Jeffrey Beebe <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I apologize if this has been dealt with.  I've searched the archives
> hoping there was a quick answer.
>
> I have qmailtoaster installed on CentOS 4.4 with:
>    Squirrelmail 1.4.9a-1.3.5
>    QmailAdmin  1.2.9
>    vqadmin 2.3.4
>    ClamAV
>    SpamAssassin
>
> My users's ".qmail" files contain:
>
>   |/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/bin/maildrop -A 'Content-Filter:
> maildrop-toaster' /etc/mail/mailfilter
>
> If a user sets a vacation message in Squirrelmail or QmailAdmin the
> following two lines are "added":

You don't list what SM plugin you use to manage vacation messages
therein.  As for QmailAdmin, this is the wrong place to ask.

> Line1:  /home/vpopmail/domains/<domain name>/<username>/Maildir/
>
> Line 2:  | /usr/bin/autorespond 86400 3 /home/vpopmail/domains/<domain
> name>/<username>/vacation/message /home/vpopmail/domains/<domain
> name>/<username>/vacation
>
> After "clearing" the vacation box "Line 1" remains as well as the
> "maildrop" line shown above.  This creates duplicate emails until I
> manually remove "Line 1".
>
> Is there an update I've missed that corrects this?  Thanks in advance
> for the help.

1) Figure out what the .qmail file should look like when configured
for correct vacation responses

2) Test (completely independent of SM)

3) Configure whatever SM plugin you use so that it can correctly build
the right .forward or .qmail or such file.