Re: Multiple mail servers

1) please do not reply off-list
2) please do not top-post
3) please post in plain-text

> > Can Squirrel handle multiple mail servers ? say can I configure it to use to IMAP servers ?
> > example server a = mail.xx.com and server b = mail.yy.com
>
> Not in one login session. You may choose what IMAP server to log into
> with either the Multilogin plugin or Login Manager. Which you use
> depends if you want the user to be able to choose or not.
>
> > 2.
> >
> > If the answer is no, Is it then possible to run two instances of SM without any serious
> > effect ?
>
> Usually is fine. You might see session preferences get overwritten
> between accounts if they are using the same domain to log in from the
> same browser instance.
>
> Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate this.
> What I wonder is;
> I am not thinking to use multiple domain in one login session.
> The users of domain A are different from the users of domain B.
> Should I make some changes in the config file ?

Which config file?  Seems like you might want to read the Login
Manager documentation closer.

> If I install 2 instances of SM and since the domain are different, I then assume there will
>not be interferances from what you are saying is that correct ?

Login Manager lets you run the same installation for both domains.  It
should not be problematic.

> In your opinion which is more flexible ? running two instances of SM or configuring SM to use 2 different domains ?

I prefer the latter, as I only have to keep one installation up to
date and can tweak a few Login Manager settings if I need one domain
to behave differently.