domain indication on logon page

Hello list,

We are setting up an SM 1.4.9a implementation for a new domain. We
would like to indicate the domain name also in the login username box,
with the cursor showing up before it, so that users become familiar
with the domain name  and also entering the domain details become
unnecessary. I understand that this can be done with login manager
pugins. This also seems to be possible with custom login screens. But
custom screens appear to suffer from redirection errors.

So other than these, is there a simple hack to get this done?

Thanks

kmnair