Re: [repost] Login problem

> (I repost this question... looks like the gmane newsbot doesn't like me)
>
> hi, all!
>
> I'm experiencing troubles with Squirrelmail.
> In fact, I'm using it on a win2k3 IIS web server (I couldn't choose),
> with hmailserver as SMTP/POP/Imap server and PHP5.
>
> I followed the install procedure, step by step (including the
> redirect.php correction).

src/redirect.php modification is specific to IIS5 and recommendation is
not official. Recommendation blames SquirrelMail, when in fact issue is
specific to IIS5 and PHP. You can test or reproduce it with short PHP
script.

If some site claims that IIS runs faster when you change five bits in some
dll, will you change that ddl.

I think you use IIS6. SquirrelMail writes session information before
redirecting to webmail.php and you don't have to modify SquirrelMail
scripts. If you use IIS5 or some older version (not 5.1 or later), contact
PHP or switch from CGI to ISAPI setup.

> Now, after login and pass validation, an almost-blank page appears (with
> an "Enter" link) during less than 1 sec and I'm redirected to the "You
> must be logged in to access this page." crap.
>
> What seems weird is that the "go to login page" link is wrong (pointing
> to mydomain.com/webmail/src/src/login.php => too much /src in the path)
>
> I checked my php.ini:
> session.save_path="c:\php\session"
> session.save_handler=file
> session.use_cookies=1
>
> And the webserver user has all the rights to read, write & edit in
> c:\php\session
>
> So, can anyone see where I went wrong?

Restore original src/redirect.php script. In php.ini set 'display_errors'
to  'On' and 'error_reporting' to 'E_ALL' or '2047'. Then test settings
(http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings) and make sure that
php.ini modifications are activated. Then try logging into SquirrelMail.
Make sure that you have same issue in standard SquirrelMail scripts, when
all plugins are disabled.

If you have issue in standard unmodified SquirrelMail scripts, provide
more information about your setup. IIS version, Win2k server version and
type, PHP version, PHP setup type and list of all extensions.

--
Tomas