type-ahead editing

Hi,

I use long address lists, and am very pleased that Squirrelmail
includes a type-ahead facility which allows me to type only the
first letters of the first name and get all c.30 people added.

However, the long list means that it is common for someone to
change their address, after which typing the first few letters
gives me all previously used lists.

This can be great, where the same first person appears in more
than one list, but is hopeless when most of the options contain
newly-incorrect addresses deeply embedded.

Is there any way of editing the type-ahead, so that current lists
can be kept but unwanted lists thrown away?

Thanks