Re: User email address display

On 3/27/07, Wm Mussatto <mussatto@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, March 27, 2007 10:49, Paul Lesniewski said:
> > On 3/27/07, Fred Zinsli <fred.zinsli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> New to squirrelmail, I have searched but can't find what I am looking
> >> for, so I thought I would try here.
> >>
> >> I am wanting to have the currently logged in users email address
> >> displayed somewhere in the panel so at a glance I can see what account
> >> is being used.  Currently it displays nothing about the user.
> >>
> >> Is this possible, and if so, where would I find the information on how
> >> this can be done?
> >
> > 1) From examples in the Login Manager (vlogin) plugin, you can do this
> > in the main config file:
> >
> > $org_title  = (isset($_SESSION["username"]) ? $_SESSION["username"] .
> > " - Mail" : "Mail");
> >
> > Hrm, actually, this only appears to work if you use the vlogin plugin,
> > at least in 1.4.x.  This is probably due to the relative positioning
> > of the plugin hook and when the session is set up.
> >
> > http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=47
> >
> > 2) Try one of the username plugins, but beware that they are a bit
> > dated by now and need some updating.  I think at least one of them
> > requires an older version of the compatibility plugin (PLEASE
> > carefully research this on your own).
> >
> > http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=123
> > http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=35
> > http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=151
> >
> Urr. Running SM 1.4.4 (debian Sarge std release as security patched).
>
> >From config.php
>         'csz.com'        => array(
>                 'org_name'      => 'CyberStrategies, Inc.'
>                  ,'org_logo'    => '../images/site/cszSMlogo.png'
>                 ,'org_title'    => '(isset($_SESSION["username"]) ?
> $_SESSION["username"] . " - Mail" : "M
>                 ,'org_logo_width'    => '239'
>                 ,'org_logo_height'   => '100'
>                 ,'domain'                 => 'csz.com'
>                 ,'imapServerAddress'      => 'localhost'
>                 ,'settingsWithEmbeddedPHP' => array(
>                                   'org_title',
>                                   'motd',
>                 )
>
> Where should the org_title appear.  I'm not seeing it, but I've been known
> to be blind.

Note that my suggestion was to try the code that I showed in the main
SM config file, but again, it doesn't appear to work unless done in a
plugin.  Your question here is a Login Manager (vlogin) question.  The
org_title is what goes in the actual browser window title bar.  If
yours isn't working, make sure what you copied above is a
cut-and-paste error (it is truncated) and then try with
$useSessionBased and the multilogin patch.

-paul