Re: User email address display

On 3/27/07, Fred Zinsli <fred.zinsli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
>
> New to squirrelmail, I have searched but can't find what I am looking
> for, so I thought I would try here.
>
> I am wanting to have the currently logged in users email address
> displayed somewhere in the panel so at a glance I can see what account
> is being used.  Currently it displays nothing about the user.
>
> Is this possible, and if so, where would I find the information on how
> this can be done?

1) From examples in the Login Manager (vlogin) plugin, you can do this
in the main config file:

$org_title  = (isset($_SESSION["username"]) ? $_SESSION["username"] .
" - Mail" : "Mail");

Hrm, actually, this only appears to work if you use the vlogin plugin,
at least in 1.4.x.  This is probably due to the relative positioning
of the plugin hook and when the session is set up.

http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=47

2) Try one of the username plugins, but beware that they are a bit
dated by now and need some updating.  I think at least one of them
requires an older version of the compatibility plugin (PLEASE
carefully research this on your own).

http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=123
http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=35
http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=151