Re: Squirrelmail error on two mailboxes (\"The server couldn't find the message you requested\")

> I've been trying to figure out a Squirrelmail problem.  First one
> customer mailbox, and now a second, is having a problem where people
> can't read messages.  (They get an error when they click the subject of
> a message)
>
> When I test the server using IMAP, with something like Outlook Express
> or Thunderbird, the mailbox and messages can be accessed normally.  I
> tried setting up a test server with a new, clean Squirrelmail install,
> but it made no difference.  (No extra plugins for Squirrelmail on the
> test install)
>
> SERVER:
> * CentOS 4.4
> * Kernel 2.6.9-42.0.10.EL
> * Apache 2.0.52-28.ent
> * Postfix 2.2.10-1.RHEL4.2
> * Dovecot 0.99.11-4.EL4
> * Squirrelmail 1.4.8-4.el4
>
> SYMPTOMS:
> * User can log in normally
> * Message subjects are listed normally
> * When you click on a subject to read the message, you get an error...
>
> ERROR:
> -----
> The server couldn't find the message you requested.
>
> Most probably your message list was out of date and the message has been
> moved away or deleted (perhaps by another program accessing the same
> mailbox).
>
> Click here to return to INBOX
> -----
>
> Testing the same mailbox with Squirrelmail 1.4.9a and 1.5.1 showed no
> improvement.  Copying the mail file to a test server, with a new test
> account, also showed no improvement.
>
> For whatever reason, Squirrelmail seems completely unhappy with the
> contents of this mail file.  But it still responds fine through IMAP and
> a non-web-based email client.
>
> What can I do to take care of this problem?  Is this a Squirrelmail bug,
> or what?  As far as I can tell, it seems like it is.

Have you tried removing dovecot index files?

Have you checked newer dovecot version? Some dovecot 1.0 versions returned
invalid responses to UID FETCH command. 0.99.14 works correctly. I don't
know if issue is present in other 0.99.x versions.