Re: ERROR: Data dir () does not exist!

Fredrik Jervfors sagte:

>>> Well I posted the complete path in my first post. Here it is again:
>>
>> That's why you should never remove thread context.
>>
>>> So I edited the config.php file manually.
>>>
>>> When running www.domain.com/sqo/src/configtest.php I´m getting
>>> ERROR: Data dir () does not exist!
>>> ..
>>>
>>> It can´t find the data directory. Well I created that directoy almost
>>> everywhere I could, set permissions (even to 777), ... I know I have to
>>> adjust the data_dir within the config.php, well I did, but I
>>> don´t get the right directory.
>>>
>>> /var/www/web148/html/sqo/src/configtest.php
>>>
>>> so everything from ...html/* is readable from the apache
>>
>> There is still no actual indication of the location from which
>> "../html" is relative, but I'll assume your hosting account is web148
>> and your provider told you that "../html" is somehow usable for you.
>>
>>> Back the data directory, I now created it everywhere:
>>>
>>> ../sqo/data
>>> ../sqo/config/data
>>> /var/www/web148/data
>>
>> This is not helpful to us without you showing each directory with full
>> path and the directory listing with permissions AND the corresponding
>> SquirrelMail configuration for $data_dir for each one.  You should NOT
>> "create it everywhere".  You SHOULD removre all the ones you created
>> "everywhere", create it in ONE *sensible* place and figure out what
>> the right $data_dir configuration setting is to access it correctly.
>>
>>> and I copied all files from the tar.gz which are within the
>>> squirrelmail/data directory to theses directories.
>>>
>>> I tried many things:
>>>

>>> $data_dir = SM_PATH . 'data/';
>>> $data_dir = '/var/www/web148/html/sqo/data/';
>>> $data_dir = '/var/www/web148/html/sqo/config/data/';
>>> $data_dir = '../data/';
>>> $data_dir = './data/';
>>>

>>> with and without the last "/" at the end.
>>>
>>> => It doesn´t work. Still that damn, sorry,
>>>

>>> ERROR: Data dir () does not exist!
>

> "cd" to your data directory. Then use "pwd" to get the full path.
> Configure SquirrelMail to use that path. Still doesn't work?

hmmm, "Data dir ()" maybe indicates that the $data_dir isn't configured at
all, the error message should normally read "Data dir
(/srv/www/........)"? Please correct me someone if I'm wrong.

Example from my config.php:
$data_dir                 = SM_PATH . 'data/';

and pwd in data:
/srv/www/htdocs/sqmail142/data

of course squirrel resides in /srv/www/htdocs/sqmail142

...and yes I know it's an old version I should update asap ;)

Roland.