Re: 1.5.1 stable and safe enough for production?

Hello,

> Make sure that you have error reporting set to E_ALL and display_errors
> turned on.

Yes, they are turned on.

> Make sure that you pass SquirrelMail configtest.php without warnings.
No warning. But one puzzling thing:

SquirrelMail version:	1.5.1
Config file version:	1.4.0

Shouldn't the config file be 1.5 too? As far as I recall I built 1.5.1
without copying the config file from 1.4.9 but maybe my memory plays a
trick on me.

> If you use PHP cache or optimizer, make sure that you can reproduce your
> issue without it.
realpath_cache_size	16K
realpath_cache_ttl	120
session.cache_expire	180
session.cache_limiter	nocache

That's all I found regarding caching. No optimizer included.

> You forgot to mention your PHP version and there are sm 1.5.1 quicks
> specific to some php versions.
Sorry about that!

PHP 5.2.1 (cli) (built: Feb 22 2007 14:51:41)
Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies

Additional info from configtest:

Checking PHP configuration...
    PHP version 5.2.1 OK.
    PHP extensions OK.
Checking paths...
    Data dir OK.
    Attachment dir is the same as data dir.
    Plugins OK.
    Themes OK.
    Default language OK.
    Base URL detected as: http://lists.lc-words.com/sqm/src
Checking outgoing mail service....
    SMTP server OK (220 lists.lc-words.com ESMTP Exim 4.66 Fri, 23 Feb
2007 20:39:25 +0100)
Checking IMAP service....
    IMAP server ready (* OK Welcome. Dovecot is ready.)
    Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR SORT THREAD=REFERENCES
MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT LITERAL+ IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE LOGIN-REFERRALS
AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN
Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
     gettext - Gettext functions are available. On some systems you must
have appropriate system locales compiled.
     mbstring - Mbstring functions are available.
     recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
     iconv - Iconv functions are available.
     timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
Checking database functions...
    not using database functionality.
Checking LDAP functions...
    not using LDAP functionality.

Thank you for suggesting additional things. I am not really so much
concerned about this problem (can live with that) but I thought I would
mention it in case this is a known issue or if it is a bug I can help to
troubleshoot.

Warm regards,

--
Zbigniew Szalbot