Re: [SM-PLUGINS] Plugin development perplexity

Hello Florian,

Sorry to hear you quit the SquirrelMail universe.

If you read the mail from Paul carefully then you also could read:

Quote Paul:
"Now as for losing you around these parts: as I have already said, the
fact that you seem to have time and interest and ability to contribute
to the project is potentially very promising.  Based on those things
alone, we all welcome you with open arms and hope that you do not
leave.  Don't be mistaken about the usefulness of your patches,
either.  As I update the various plugins under my purview that you
have sent patches for, I will in fact consult them for any ideas I
don't already have."

Of course I understand that the rest of the message from Paul didn't suit
you but they had to be said and I support him in that.

SquirrelMail is very popular because of the plugins and the quality of it.
The only way to achieve that is using high plugin standards. Paul does a
very good job in keeping those standards high.

That requires leadership and a lot of patience in pointing plugin
developers in the right direction.

FOSS is a lot of things and that includes leadership and control. If you
cannot accept that then start your own FOSS project.
FWIW, leadership and control !== dictatorship. We always appreciate
discussions based on good argumentation and we are always open minded in
those discussions.

Thanks for your contributions so far. If you are ready to accept the way
we lead and control the SquirrelMail project you are welcome to return to
the SquirrelMail universe.

Regards,

Marc Groot Koerkamp
SquirrelMail development leader.