Re: Unable to read messages with PHP 5.1.6

Hello,

> IMAP Server - courier-imap (with Perdition as IMAP proxy)
> PHP - 5.1.6
> Web server - lighttpd
> Platform - CentOS
> How your software was installed - RPM( CentOSplus repository)
> SquirrelMail version - 1.4.9a
> Plugins - html_mail
>
> For most of the mails, squirrelmail is timing out. I've searched in mailing
> archives and no solutions i can find.
> Enabling server side message sorting fixes it, but our courier install isnt
> compiled with unicode support
> so it creates problem for our non-english users.

compile courier with unicode support and enable server side sorting. You lose if
you are not using server side sorting on courier. proxy does not give same
performance boost as server side sorting. If gentoo distributes courier packages
without unicode support, file bug report on Gentoo bug tracker.

### This is first thing i did. I'm sure aware how better i'm with unicode support.
Here proxy is not meant for performance boost exactly in my case but to support multiple imap servers at backend.

> Please guide me know how can i resolve the issue?
> Any custom patch will be fine with me, but i just cant upgrade/downgrade PHP
at > this time.
> I think similiar issue appeared with Squirrel and PHP 4.4.1

PHP 35070 bug has test script to detect broken array functions.
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=35070

run it and make sure that you get expected results and not three ones

### Perfect is all i can say. It helped me trace and correct the issue.
I thought i've xcache disabled, but it was enabled and causing this issue.
For others it wasnt squirrel or PHP an issue at it appears.
Over to file a bug with xcache.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Netty