no. of messages not updated in browser status bar

Hello,

I am using latest stable SM version on a FBSD machine. I installed the
fetchmail plugin and find that when I use it, the number of messages is
then not updated in my Firefox browser.

1. I download messages from an external account by clicking fetch, then I
read them and move to Trash or elsewhere.
2. I click "refresh folder list" and SM then shows incorrect number of new
messages in browser title bar.

For example, today I had two new messages in my folders, I clicked fetch,
downloaded nothing (no new mail in the external account). I read the two
messages and refreshed the folder list. But the status bar still showed
two new messages (although there were none). I logged out and logged back
in and still the same thing - no new messages but browser status bar shows
two.

After doing some experiments I found that the only way to refresh number
in status bar (it will always show two more messages that what I actually
received), is to click Folder sizes plugin and then refresh folder list.
As soon as I do that, the status bar shows correct number. Bug or a
feature?

It may be that this strange behaviour is somehow related to those plugins
(fetchmail and folder sizes).

Warm regards,

--
Zbigniew Szalbot