Re: Need to find our old Squirrel Mail "address book" or "Contact List"

Please do not send HTML-formatted messages to this list, thanks.

> Before migrating, they were using Squirrel Mail as their web mail client.  Before
> leaving their old hosting service, they did not capture their Address Book
> database/contact list.  They have since been set up with a new e-mail client
> (Plesk), but they need the address list that they had with Squirrel Mail.  I have
> the Squirrel Mail username and password of the employee who had the up to
> date address list.  Is there any way to recover her database?  Is there a text or
> CSV or PHP or html file out there somewhere that contains this information?
> Could it still be on her computer somewhere as a backup file?  Is there an archive
> file of this information anywhere?

Address books are kept on the server only, either as a user preference
file or in a user preferences database, depending on how the host had
set up SquirrelMail.  With only a user login, you have no way to know
that and no access to that file.  There is a plugin that helps you
export all the contacts:

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=29

But the host has to install it.  The host, if they are helpful, should
either install that plugin or provide you with the user's address book
pref file or a dump of their contacts from their prefs database.