Re: Correct naming scheme for dovecot / squirrelmail subfolders?

> Hello,
>
> I am running dovecot 1.0-0_34.rc15 and squirrelmail 1.4.8-2 on a
> Centos 4 server. Right now all messages are delivered to maildir
> /var/mail/vhosts/virtual_mail_root/, which has its cur, tmp, new
> subdirectories.
>
> I need to (re) configure postfix, dovecot and squirrelmail so that
> email is filtered and dovecot serves different boxes to squirrelmail,
> that is when I log in in squirrelmail I see:
>
>        Inbox
>          work (5)
>          friends (6)
>          lists   (35)
>        Sent
>        Trash
>        Spam
>
> that is every subfolder listed under Inbox with the number of unread
> messages. Now, I do know how to filter incoming email in different
> folders with postfix.
>
> The part still missing, in spite of several online searches, is the
> correct _naming_ and nesting of all the new mailboxes. In other words,
> if now everything goes into /var/mail/vhosts/virtual_mail_root/ :
>
> 1) what is the currect _name_ to give to the future "work" inbox ??
> 	/var/mail/vhosts/virtual_mail_root/work/
> 	/var/mail/vhosts/virtual_mail_root/INBOX.work/
> 	what else?
>
> 2) which parameters must be changed and how in dovecot and/or
>    squirrelmail (or any IMAP client in my home PC) so that folders are
>    recognized and displayed as I wish?

http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-12.html#ss12.9
http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1353394

SquirrelMail dovecot preset is designed for dovecot 0.99.x. 0.99.x does
not support IMAP NAMESPACE extension. Layout matches (("" ".")) NIL NIL
namespace. No shared or public folders, personal folders don't have any
prefix. Dovecot 1.0 allows custom namespace configuration.

If you use (("" ".")) NIL NIL namespace, SquirrelMail folder listing must
be fixed in order to list INBOX subfolders before other special folders.

--
Tomas