Re: delete ex user prefs

On 11/22/06, Res <res@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> how the hell do you think you create extra folders... the server hardware
> >> doesnt say oh he wants directory deadbeat so lets create it.. SM creates
> >> initiates its creation, and that can be expanded to create what is needed.
> >
> > SquirrelMail doesn't create the folders - it tells the IMAP server to
> > create them. That means that the web server doesn't need to have access to
>

> *SIGH*
>
> I did not say it made them, i know imap makes them, read what i said
> it INITITATES its creation

The point is, however, that SquirrelMail cannot tell the IMAP server
to just store any random information (user prefs) in the user's home
directory (or their IMAP store).  Please try to understand the
paradigm better before posting such aggressive replies.

Or if you think you can create an IMAP-based user prefs system, please
submit a prefs backend plugin for our review -- we would be very
excited to post this on the SM site.

The suggested userdel wrapper is a very simple and very easy solution
that probably 90% of the sysadmins that have this requirement use.