Re: vacation_local plugin doesn't accommodate aliases

On 11/2/06, Christopher J. Hinkle <chinkle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Howdy... I've been using vacation_local with my 1.4.7 squirrelmail
> installation without a problem, but one of my users just emailed saying she
> couldn't get it to work.  The problem is that my username on the mail system
> and my email address prior to the @ sign are the same, but hers is
> different.
>
> Example:
>         1. chinkle@xxxxxxxxx uses username chinkle on the mail server.
> Vacation_local works great because .forward looks like this:
>         "|/usr/bin/vacation chinkle"
>
>         2. candi.thompson@xxxxxxxxxx uses username rgb-cthompson on the mail
> server.  The autoresponder fails because the .forward looks like this:
>         "|/usr/bin/vacation rgb-cthompson"
>         - INSTEAD OF -
>         "|/usr/bin/vacation -a candi.thompson@xxxxxxxxxx rgb-cthompson"
> which works just great.
>
> Can the vacation_local plugin be modified to automatically write in the -a
> argument to the vacation call?

I'll send you (offlist) the version that supports -a syntax, but only
for multiple email addresses listed on the personal information
options screen.  I'm not sure the new plugin version will be what you
need.  Instead, it looks to me like your mail system usernames are too
inconsistent and need to be better thought out...