Re: forced preferences usage

> Hi,
>
> I don't understand the using of the plugin "Forced Preferences".
> How do I hide for example the useracl plugin for some users?
> Where can I find the hook function call for the plugins?
>
> I activated the plugin in conf.pl (it is the last activated plugin at the
> moment), but it is not shown on the options page. Do I have to edit the
> config.php or forced_prefs_config.php directly?
>
> Is someone able to show me an entry for example for the useracl plugin?
> The config-sample.php I don't understand... :-(
>
> The only way to customize the user prefs is to edit their user.pref file
> and restrict options with forced_preferences plugin if necessary - right?

SquirrelMail plugins set hooks in plugins/*/setup.php files.

Forced prefs plugin is not visible to end user. You can suspect that
plugin is enabled only when you don't see standard SquirrelMail options or
interface elements added by other plugins.

Forced prefs plugin is most useful with option widgets. Widgets are
standard SquirrelMail 1.2.0+ options. Admin sets options in
$fp_added_settings or fp_forced_settings and settings are applied to end
user preferences. Both arrays use option names from .pref files for array
keys and .pref values for key values.

For example in config-sample.php forced_prefs plugin sets hour_format
(Folder Prefs -> Hour Format) option to 1 (24-hour clock) and show_num
(Display Prefs -> Number of Messages per Page) to 20.

If some plugin uses own option pages, older option hooks or optpage hooks
are not known to forced_prefs plugin, forced_prefs plugin can only disable
visible link to plugin's options page or code that adds html in older
hooks.

Plugin is designed to provide same restrictions to all users. Admin can
use forced_prefs configuration file to provide restrictions that depend on
username, but admin will need php coding experience for that.

Useracl plugin uses own option pages attached to menuline hook. Forced
prefs plugin can disable useracl_menuline and useracl_pagetop functions in
$fp_disabled_hooks setting. Other parts of useracl plugin can't be
controlled by forced_prefs plugin.

$fp_disabled_hooks = array('useracl_menuline', 'useracl_pagetop');

That's the only thing you can do with forced_prefs plugin to useracl plugin.