Re: Integrating own Maildir-folders

> Hi!
>
> I moved my mailsystem to a server which offers Squirrelmail in
> addition to my preferred console-mailclient mutt. Bouth access the
> same Maildir but Squirrelmail does not show my copied mailfolders in
> the subscribe-list.
>
> When I put a dor infront of a foldername (renaming foo to .foo),
> Squirrelmail offers me that flder in the subscribe-dialog. But that
> does not work for subfolders (like .foo/bar -> .foo/.bar).
>
> ,----[ example ]
> | ~/Maildir
> |    .Trash  -> visible in subscribe-list of Squirrelmail
> |    .Drafts -> visible in subscribe-list of Squirrelmail
> |    .Sent   -> visible in subscribe-list of Squirrelmail
> |    foo     -> NOT visible in subscribe-list of Squirrelmail
       ^ no dot

> |      bar   -> NOT visible in subscribe-list of Squirrelmail
         ^ no dot prefix

> |    .foo    -> visible in subscribe-list of Squirrelmail
> |      bar   -> NOT visible in subscribe-list of Squirrelmail
         ^ no dot

> |      .bar  -> NOT visible in subscribe-list of Squirrelmail
are you sure that .bar maildir structure is not corrupted?

> |    [...]
> `----
>
> How can I include my subfolders too?
>
> Is there a way to include my folders without adding those nasty dots
> in the names? It bothers me in my usage of mutt :-(

You use courier-imap or dovecot configured to use courier namespace.
Maildir folders are prefixed with dot in file system. Configure mutt to
use IMAP instead of accessing maildir directly and mutt won't see dot
prefixes.

--
Tomas